A Midwesterner's Digital Photo Blog

Monday, July 17, 2006

End Of An Era, But The Universe Awaits

Pasted from my Incurable Savant blog

Well folks, this is the end of an era. Actually, the end happened in my mind about a month ago, and I have been trying to figure out how to tell everyone. I will no longer be posting pictures to Kansas City In Focus. There, I said it. I know this will sadden some of you, but let's all get real. I haven't posted any pictures there for nearly two months. I loved the idea of the site when I started it, however, as most creative soles will do, I too have grown and changed. As such, my creative needs and desires have changed as well. To be frank, yeah yeah, I know my names is Incurable Savant, I just really don't have the time, energy, or desire to jack with it any longer. Flickr has become my new outlet for my creative juices. I can post tens or even hundreds of shots all at once to the site. I can then batch edit them, move them into sets. Post them in groups where they can be shared and recieve pointers for improvements.

As I have stated before my near employment situation SUX at best, so I have been spending a great deal of time on Flickr trying to improve my photography, and gain as much information about the "business" end of the who deal. That is, in large part, why I have been remiss in posting here, as well.

I can not share the particulars of my whole employement mess, however, I can tell you that I am excited about the fact that I may not get another job with my current emlpoyer. That way I can pursue photography career. The short version is as such:

If I am unable to retain suitable employement, I plan to seek an aprenticeship with a high end wedding photographer. I have been in customer service my whole career, so I think I will be able to handle just about all of the bridezillas I will encounter, and I will finally have a outlet for my creativity. I will keep you all posted, of course.

In the end, I will still post a few shots on this blog. Know that if you see them, you can always click the flickr link on the left and view the other forty-levn I have uploaded to flickr. I will also leave my Kansas City In Focus blog up. Who knows one day I may start posting there again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Memphis said...

I know it's been awhile, but I hope the job situation has improved to your liking. I have slowed way down on posting to my photo blog, too. But I guess I'll keep it going for me to post to every now and then. I'm a packrat. I can't even throw a blog away.

November 22, 2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger Shephard said...

I was at Marianna's and you asked..
Meme is actually a real word in science/biology, and it's approximate meaning is something that is kept alive by passing it from host to host, like a virus.
~S :)

January 13, 2007 2:06 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog; I appreciate it.

Have you stopped blogging, or are you blogging on another site?

March 09, 2007 5:24 AM  
Blogger Ka_Ka said...

O Casamento do Sol

Dizem que em certo tempo desejou o Sol de se casar, e todas as gentes, agravadas disso, se foram queixar a Júpiter, dizendo: - Que no Estio trabalhosamente sofriam um Sol, que com seus raios os abrasava, donde inferiam e provavam, que se o Sol casasse e viesse a ter filhos, queimaria o mundo todo; porque um Sol faria Verão calmoso na Índia, outro em Grécia, outro na Noruega e terras setentrionais; pelo que sendo todas as três zonas tórridas, não teriam as gentes onde viver. Visto isto por Júpiter, mandou que não casasse.

(Esopo, Fábulas, vertidas do grego por Manuel Mendes)



www.spring-gold.blogspot.com

June 28, 2007 9:23 AM  
Blogger Dann said...

Like your blog!
Checkout mine, too.
Peek inside the journey of a celebrity journalist
http://danndulin.blogspot.com/

Another SOUND OF MUSIC lover too!

June 24, 2008 11:17 PM  
Blogger  Jess said...

Hi there, thanks for commenting on my blog. I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS HERE, they are BEAUTIFUL! And by the way, I enjoyed reading your "vent" on my blog, vent away if you need to, that's what it's there for!

Jess :)

December 04, 2008 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home